The Alvar Aalto Academy has organised international architecture and design congresses and events in Jyväskylä since 1979.
What’s the best thing about your annual events?
- Highlights have always involved top-level international performers and the seamless networking in the serene summer of Central Finland.
Have the arrangements worked?
- Everything has always run smoothly. Jyväskylä is a comfortably sized city with good infrastructure, and it’s renowned for its architecture. Local catering is also excellent.
What about the venue?
- The University of Jyväskylä works really well as a meeting facility as the architecture is functional and the area is surrounded by nature.
How were the people?
- Events regarding Alvar Aalto usually draw open and interactive people, who enjoy the signature atmosphere of Jyväskylä and Alvar Aalto.
Anything you’d like to add?
- Jyväskylä offers exceptional experiences for visitors; it’s not every day you get to go for a swim in a crystal clear lake straight from the hotel sauna. We’ll surely be organising our events in Jyväskylä in the future, too.
Alvar Aalto Academy