The International Society of Surgery held its International Surgical Week 2013 in Messukeskus, Expo and Convention Centre Helsinki on August 25th – 29th. Approximately 2 200 delegates attended.
What was best about the event?
- The local organizing committee and the Finnish Surgical society did a great job. The service provider’s staff was friendly and incentive. Helsinki was easily accessible to congress participants by plane, boat and train and local transport worked perfectly, there was no need for shuttle buses.
Did everything go well and why?
- Because of the combination of the facts mentioned above and close collaboration with the head office of the International Society of Surgery.
How was the location?
- Messukeskus, Expo and Convention Centre Helsinki offers a great variety of meeting rooms and facilities for trade and poster exhibition. By not using all rooms, we were very happy to be assured that we could have increased the number of session rooms or other facilities instantly if needed.
How were the people?
- The people were very friendly even though they sometimes needed “a certain time” to show their friendliness. It appeared that Finnish people are not too spontaneous!
Anything you’d like to add?
- I have to mention, once again, the very good collaboration between the PCO, LOC, Messukeskus and the head office and committee members of our society.
Administrative Director ISS/SIC
International Society of Surgery