The Headquarters Museum in Mikkelivisitmikkeli.fi
Mikkeli was the location of army headquarters for the first time in spring 1918. In the Finnish Civil War the headquarters of the White Army were in the Seurahuone Hotel near the railway station. Next time Mikkeli served as the headquarters city was in the Winter War of 1939-1940 and again in the Continuation War of 1941-44. The Commander-in-Chief, Marshal Mannerheim, and the rest of the wartime high command were based at the Central Elementary School where the Museum is located now.