Helsinki is a modern, pocket-sized European city known for design and high technology. Helsinki’s attractive and unique character comes from its proximity to the sea, as well as its location between the East and the West.
surrounded by nature – the only way to be
Konsta started taking photos of animals as a hobby around eight years ago but for the past three years it has been his profession.
– Nature is one of the most important things in my life. I both work and relax there, Konsta says.
– Nowadays people live a hectic life and feel that they don’t have the time to go outdoors and explore their surroundings. I wanted to show people how special a bond with nature can be and how it can be accessible to anyone – at least in Finland. For me, being surrounded by nature is the only way to live. As a photographer, I want to inspire people by showing the unique and special moments that I have with nature and wildlife.
Konsta has travelled all around the world, but Helsinki is the place he calls home.
A third of our capital is covered in green areas. Along with a score of sports grounds, they offer great possibilities for outdoor activities and relaxation. The large Central Park and its forests spread out just outside the city centre. The archipelago of Helsinki consists of around 330 islands, providing beautiful set-ups for days at the beach or weekend camping trips.
– This picture is from a summer day, when I ran into these fox cubs just on the outskirts of Helsinki. Even though Helsinki is a really big city (on a Finnish scale), you don’t have to travel far to encounter wildlife.
inspiring, relaxing nature
– I am forever inspired by nature, its phenomena, the wildlife and animals that experience it. The more I am connected with nature, the more I see things and get to capture unique moments for others to see. If I didn’t spend time in the nature as much as I do now, I could miss so many things that you can only witness once in your life. You could say that nature’s wonders maintain my photographic hunger – it is insatiable.
– I don’t separate work and leisure time. I relax amidst my shooting sessions, often by a bonfire with friends, surrounded by beautiful Finnish nature.