What’s the story behind The Barö?
In 2019, my good friend Ossi-Matti Nieminen asked me to see an interesting plot in Barösund. As we were admiring the stunning landscape, a strong vision formed in my mind. I knew right away that we had to build a hotel there. One that respects the Archipelago landscape and allows others to enjoy this wonderful environment as well.
This has been a true passion project. But all entrepreneurs need some creative madness! These exceptional times have shaken things up and given fuel for our dreams.
– The Barö opened its doors in Inkoo, Barösund, in June 2021
– A boutique hotel in the Archipelago, only an hour’s drive from Helsinki
– Accompanied by a 40-seat restaurant, The Berg, and a seaside sauna
– 12 hotel rooms and 7 more coming by end off 2021
– 10 to 20 employees depending on the season
– Owned by Jussi Paavoseppä and Ossi-Matti Nieminen